1. English -- This one is obvious
2. German -- I know German because I lived there for a year.
inse, svy, dri, fear, funf, zex, seben, act, noen, zen
3. Korean -- I know Korean because in Tae kwon do we have to count in Korean when we stretch.
hana, doo, set, net, tasa, yasa, ilgo, yodo, aho, yo
4. Hawaiian -- I know Hawaiian because, like Tae kwon do, in Hula we count in Hawaiian when we stretch.
ekahi, eluah, ekolu, eha, elima, eono, ehiku, evalu, eeva, umi
5. Tagalog -- I know Tagalog because I am half Filipino.
esa, delewa, tatlo, apat, lema, anem, peto, walo, seam, sampo
6. Spanish -- I know Spanish because everybody knows Spanish!
uno, does, thres, kuatro, sinco, seies, seete, ocho, neweve, dies
Languages are based on family groups. Here you can see the family groups of the languages I know.
- Austronesian
- Malayo-Polynesian
- Oceanic
- Polynesian
- Eastern Polynesian
- Marquesic
- Hawaiian
- Philippine
- Central Philippine
- Tagalog
- Altaic
- Koreanic
- Korean
- Indo-European
- Germanic
- West Germanic
- High German
- German
- Ingvaeonic
- Anglo-Frisian
- Anglic
- English
- Romance
- Western Romance
- Ibero-Romance
- West-Iberian
- Castillian languages
- Spanish
Some random thoughts on these languages:
- As you can tell, German is similar (kind of) to English.
- You may not of noticed, but 1-9 in Hawaiian all start with the -ea sound.
- English is spoken differently in different countries (England: queue and the US: line). But even in the US people speak English differently. Here is a website you can try out: dialect quiz. When I took the quiz, based on my answers, it knew I grew up in California.
- Korea uses a different alphabet.
- There is a game named after uno(one).
- Some of my family members (such as my grandma) still speak Tagalog even though they live in the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment