Laser Cutting
This weekend my dad and I went to have some fun laser cutting!
One mode these laser cutters (LCs) use is called raster. When the LCs raster, they burn a design on the material much like a printer would. Another mode they can do is called vector. This means burning using lines as you would use if you were drawing the picture yourself. Depending upon the power settings, this might mean burning all the way through the material.
There are two settings you can use, power and speed. These two settings may not seem to combine but they do. You see, they combine when you make the speed slower but the power the same. When you do this, the laser is more powerful.
This may come as a surprise to you, but there is NOT one laser, there are two! If you are wondering what the other laser does, I'll tell you. The other laser does not cut the material, it shows what it is cutting by making a red dot!
How about I show you some things we made?
Here they are!
Some things we want to do in the future are creating flowers of every kind.
I also kind of want to raster a ice-cream cone with two scoops!
Do you have any good ideas?
If so please contact me or my dad because we are looking for good ideas!
That's all I got for you today, Peeps!
I hope you read my next post!


No comments:
Post a Comment